As the 2016 Summer Games got underway in Rio de Janeiro this weekend, a lot of people took to social media to share their thoughts about the Olympics so far.
Some talked about the games’ opening ceremonies, while others just wanted to express their support for their country or share interesting stories about certain athletes.
But the gold medal (get it?) for funniest Twitter account this weekend goes to “Saturday Night Live” and “Ghostbusters” star Leslie Jones.
Her hilarious — and sometimes profane — tweets of numerous events over the weekend had has cracking up more often than not.
She is obviously a big fan of the Olympics, as she was watching some of the more obscure sports out there, including kayaking.
Her Twitter account got so much attention over the weekend that she was even invited down to Rio to check out the action in person.
But it looks like Jones has yet to decide if she’s jumping on a plane to watch Team USA in person.
We went through her account and found some of her best cursing-free tweets from the weekend and posted them below.
If you like what you read, be sure to give her a follow — Jones’ Twitter handle is @Lesdoggg (WARNING: LINK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE) — but be forewarned some of her tweets include profanity.
- You probably aren’t as excited for the Winter Olympics as Leslie Jones
- Zac Efron’s sweet surprise for Simone Biles is gold
- Rio Games: Arizona State University representing at the Olympic Games
- Phoenix-based catering company scores another gig at US Olympic trials
- Holy proton pack! Website leaks first photo of ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot cast