JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) – The Anti-Defamation League says a National Rifle Association board member from New Jersey was out of line to suggest similarities between gun control efforts and Nazism.
Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs executive director Scott Bach made the remarks last week on an NRA News program. The remarks came during a discussion of a Jersey City policy to ask gun makers about their safety records as part of their bids to sell firearms and ammunition to the police department.
Bach said Democratic Mayor Steve Fulop should know better than to institute the policy because his grandparents were Holocaust survivors.
The Anti-Defamation League has been campaigning against tying the Holocaust and Nazis to politics, particularly in gun control.
Bach hasn’t returned a phone message left Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night