JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) – The Anti-Defamation League says a National Rifle Association board member from New Jersey was out of line to suggest similarities between gun control efforts and Nazism.
Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs executive director Scott Bach made the remarks last week on an NRA News program. The remarks came during a discussion of a Jersey City policy to ask gun makers about their safety records as part of their bids to sell firearms and ammunition to the police department.
Bach said Democratic Mayor Steve Fulop should know better than to institute the policy because his grandparents were Holocaust survivors.
The Anti-Defamation League has been campaigning against tying the Holocaust and Nazis to politics, particularly in gun control.
Bach hasn’t returned a phone message left Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier