HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – Amtrak has restored service between New York City and Albany, N.Y., after a fatal Metro-North derailment in the Bronx but says delays can be expected.
Four people were killed and 63 were injured in the crash on Metro-North’s Hudson line in New York City.
Amtrak service had been halted because its trains run along the same rail line. Amtrak said its Empire line trains would be going through the affected area at reduced speeds, so delays are likely.
Amtrak says service on the heavily traveled Northeast Corridor line between Boston and Washington was unaffected.
Metro-North says service on its New Haven line in Connecticut also wasn’t affected.
The Connecticut rail service runs on a line separate from the Hudson line. It extends from New Haven to Grand Central Terminal.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns