HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – Amtrak has restored service between New York City and Albany, N.Y., after a fatal Metro-North derailment in the Bronx but says delays can be expected.
Four people were killed and 63 were injured in the crash on Metro-North’s Hudson line in New York City.
Amtrak service had been halted because its trains run along the same rail line. Amtrak said its Empire line trains would be going through the affected area at reduced speeds, so delays are likely.
Amtrak says service on the heavily traveled Northeast Corridor line between Boston and Washington was unaffected.
Metro-North says service on its New Haven line in Connecticut also wasn’t affected.
The Connecticut rail service runs on a line separate from the Hudson line. It extends from New Haven to Grand Central Terminal.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development