A man drove his truck into the Salt River after being chased by police according to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The man, a 24-year-old, struck a structure in Saguaro and the police were notified.
Attempting to leave the area, the man nearly hit several objects on the side of the road. After being located, the man did not pull over for the traffic stop and a short pursuit would then occur.
The chase ended when the man drove his car into the lower part of Salt River. He exited his vehicle and attempted to swim away, but officers jumped in the river and were able to take him into custody.
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Police looking to charge 14-year-old boy in deadly car accident in Phoenix
- Teenage brothers struck by car, killed in north Phoenix
- Teenage girl dies after being ejected from car in Phoenix-area accident