A man drove his truck into the Salt River after being chased by police according to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The man, a 24-year-old, struck a structure in Saguaro and the police were notified.
Attempting to leave the area, the man nearly hit several objects on the side of the road. After being located, the man did not pull over for the traffic stop and a short pursuit would then occur.
The chase ended when the man drove his car into the lower part of Salt River. He exited his vehicle and attempted to swim away, but officers jumped in the river and were able to take him into custody.
- Number of fatalities involving older drivers on the rise in Arizona
- One dead, six more injured in multi-vehicle car crash in Phoenix
- Six people, including two children, injured in Queen Creek crash
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- 2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time