A man drove his truck into the Salt River after being chased by police according to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The man, a 24-year-old, struck a structure in Saguaro and the police were notified.
Attempting to leave the area, the man nearly hit several objects on the side of the road. After being located, the man did not pull over for the traffic stop and a short pursuit would then occur.
The chase ended when the man drove his car into the lower part of Salt River. He exited his vehicle and attempted to swim away, but officers jumped in the river and were able to take him into custody.
- Phoenix police say parents, 6 kids found living out of a car
- Suspect arrested in connection to burglary of Fountain Hills home
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Man dies after drowning in Salt River in Phoenix area, police say