A lockdown at a North Carolina college was lifted Thursday afternoon after a potential shooter was reported on campus.
According to WTVD-TV, the lockdown was lifted but a suspect was not in custody.
A person was shot at and police were questioning that person. He was not injured.
The alleged shooter was identified as Crandall Ingram, 20, who was already wanted on other charges including trespassing and delaying a law enforcement officer.
Ingram had been previously banned from campus. Officials declined to give a reason.
North Carolina Central University originally tweeted that students should seek shelter about 12:45 Arizona time.
#NCCU Eagle Alert: The NCCU campus is on lockdown. Please stay away from all windows and doors. There is a possible active shooter on campus
— N.C. Central Univ. (@NCCU) November 21, 2013
About 30 minutes later, the school followed with a tweet telling people to shelter indoors.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night