A lockdown at a North Carolina college was lifted Thursday afternoon after a potential shooter was reported on campus.
According to WTVD-TV, the lockdown was lifted but a suspect was not in custody.
A person was shot at and police were questioning that person. He was not injured.
The alleged shooter was identified as Crandall Ingram, 20, who was already wanted on other charges including trespassing and delaying a law enforcement officer.
Ingram had been previously banned from campus. Officials declined to give a reason.
North Carolina Central University originally tweeted that students should seek shelter about 12:45 Arizona time.
#NCCU Eagle Alert: The NCCU campus is on lockdown. Please stay away from all windows and doors. There is a possible active shooter on campus
— N.C. Central Univ. (@NCCU) November 21, 2013
About 30 minutes later, the school followed with a tweet telling people to shelter indoors.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns