A lockdown at a North Carolina college was lifted Thursday afternoon after a potential shooter was reported on campus.
According to WTVD-TV, the lockdown was lifted but a suspect was not in custody.
A person was shot at and police were questioning that person. He was not injured.
The alleged shooter was identified as Crandall Ingram, 20, who was already wanted on other charges including trespassing and delaying a law enforcement officer.
Ingram had been previously banned from campus. Officials declined to give a reason.
North Carolina Central University originally tweeted that students should seek shelter about 12:45 Arizona time.
#NCCU Eagle Alert: The NCCU campus is on lockdown. Please stay away from all windows and doors. There is a possible active shooter on campus
— N.C. Central Univ. (@NCCU) November 21, 2013
About 30 minutes later, the school followed with a tweet telling people to shelter indoors.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development