NAPA, Calif. (AP) – Diane Disney Miller, the daughter of Walt Disney and one of his inspirations for building the Disneyland theme park, has died at her home in Napa, Calif. She was 79.
Her death Tuesday was confirmed by The Walt Disney Co. The cause was complications from a fall, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Miller, the eldest daughter of Walt and Lillian Disney, was born Dec. 18, 1933.
She played a key role in the completion of the Frank Gehry-designed Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, bucking city leaders who wanted to remove Gehry from the project.
She also founded the Walt Disney Family Museum, which opened in 2009 in San Francisco’s Presidio, as a tribute to her family’s legacy.
She is survived by her husband, Ronald, and seven children.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them