NAPA, Calif. (AP) – Diane Disney Miller, the daughter of Walt Disney and one of his inspirations for building the Disneyland theme park, has died at her home in Napa, Calif. She was 79.
Her death Tuesday was confirmed by The Walt Disney Co. The cause was complications from a fall, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Miller, the eldest daughter of Walt and Lillian Disney, was born Dec. 18, 1933.
She played a key role in the completion of the Frank Gehry-designed Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, bucking city leaders who wanted to remove Gehry from the project.
She also founded the Walt Disney Family Museum, which opened in 2009 in San Francisco’s Presidio, as a tribute to her family’s legacy.
She is survived by her husband, Ronald, and seven children.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee