PHOENIX — In case you were somewhere without a window and were unaware, the Phoenix area received a good amount of rain on Friday morning.
Rain gauges showed the area around Pinnacle Peak getting well over two inches of rain, while other areas around the Valley received a few tenths of an inch.
Because of the rain, some parts of town were hit with flooding, especially parts of north Phoenix and Scottsdale.
As is usual, people took to social media to share their photos and videos of the Phoenix area as the weather moved in.
We jumped online and grabbed some of the best tweets, photos and videos and posted them below.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?
- Phoenix-area programs awarded $26 million to give shelter to homeless
- Search for missing Phoenix woman comes to end; no remains found
- Lyft added $59 million to Phoenix economy in 2017