PHOENIX — The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix has been rated the best hospital in Arizona, and 13 other hospitals in the state also earned praise from U.S. News & World Report.
Arizona has over 100 hospitals.
The national publication also releases an influential list of best colleges and cars.
Mayo Clinic was ranked nationally in 10 specialties. The hospital ranked top 10 nationally in gastroenterology and GI surgery, and in the top 30 of cancer, ear, nose and throat, nephrology and pulmonology specialties.
The hospital, located near Scottsdale Road and the Loop 101, has been open since 1987.
The other 13 hospitals include Banner University’s medical centers in Phoenix and Tucson. Banner has six hospitals ranked in the top 10 of the list.
Only seven of the hospitals were ranked nationally in a specialty.
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Phoenix police chief assures city security will be ready for Trump rally