Tuesday’s monsoon storm in Phoenix brought a historic amount of rain to the Valley. Flooding was seen across the Valley, including cars nearly submerged on the Interstate 17, which was closed for hours.
The sight of those cars nearly drowning was sure to be the most jarring of the day, but a video taken on Facebook in Phoenix shows an even more alarming site.
A manhole cover on the street is shown shaking and floating above its cover spot due to the air pressure below the street.
An alert driver in a truck is shown passing the manhole on the opposite side of the road, as it would be a disaster to make impact with the cover.
Tuesday’s storm would be one of the many this week in the Valley that brought the most of the area’s signature summer monsoon weather.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando