Tuesday’s monsoon storm in Phoenix brought a historic amount of rain to the Valley. Flooding was seen across the Valley, including cars nearly submerged on the Interstate 17, which was closed for hours.
The sight of those cars nearly drowning was sure to be the most jarring of the day, but a video taken on Facebook in Phoenix shows an even more alarming site.
A manhole cover on the street is shown shaking and floating above its cover spot due to the air pressure below the street.
An alert driver in a truck is shown passing the manhole on the opposite side of the road, as it would be a disaster to make impact with the cover.
Tuesday’s storm would be one of the many this week in the Valley that brought the most of the area’s signature summer monsoon weather.
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Boy, 13, charged with attempted murder of teen neighbor in Phoenix
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour