Tuesday’s monsoon storm in Phoenix brought a historic amount of rain to the Valley. Flooding was seen across the Valley, including cars nearly submerged on the Interstate 17, which was closed for hours.
The sight of those cars nearly drowning was sure to be the most jarring of the day, but a video taken on Facebook in Phoenix shows an even more alarming site.
A manhole cover on the street is shown shaking and floating above its cover spot due to the air pressure below the street.
An alert driver in a truck is shown passing the manhole on the opposite side of the road, as it would be a disaster to make impact with the cover.
Tuesday’s storm would be one of the many this week in the Valley that brought the most of the area’s signature summer monsoon weather.
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Phoenix pastor meets with Pence, Ivanka Trump at White House
- Ex-Phoenix Fire captain gets prison in sexual assault case
- Eight people, including children, involved in rollover crash in Phoenix