Tuesday’s monsoon storm in Phoenix brought a historic amount of rain to the Valley. Flooding was seen across the Valley, including cars nearly submerged on the Interstate 17, which was closed for hours.
The sight of those cars nearly drowning was sure to be the most jarring of the day, but a video taken on Facebook in Phoenix shows an even more alarming site.
A manhole cover on the street is shown shaking and floating above its cover spot due to the air pressure below the street.
An alert driver in a truck is shown passing the manhole on the opposite side of the road, as it would be a disaster to make impact with the cover.
Tuesday’s storm would be one of the many this week in the Valley that brought the most of the area’s signature summer monsoon weather.
- Glendale Glitters to light up West Valley suburb for the holiday season
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving