There will be multiple restrictions in place on Phoenix-area freeways for the weekend of Aug. 5-8.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced the restrictions in place, some of which could change due to the weather. Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted at azdot.gov, under ADOT News.
Here are the restrictions announced, with the recommended detours:
• Southbound Interstate 17 left two lanes closed between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Aug. 6) for bridge maintenance. Pinnacle Peak Road overpass and I-17 on-ramps closed. I-17 off-ramps at Pinnacle Peak Road restricted with only right turns allowed. DETOUR: Consider using other nearby I-17 interchanges, including Happy Valley Road.
• Eastbound Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane between Deer Valley Road and Loop 303 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 8) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes if possible.
• Interstate 17 off-ramps at Camelback Road closed from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 7) for Salt River Project utility work. Camelback Road closed between 27th Avenue and I-17, although Camelback Road traffic permitted to make right turns only to I-17 on-ramps or frontage roads. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including Indian School or Bethany Home roads.
• State Route 347 intersection at State Route 238 (Maricopa area) restricted with no SR 238 access to or from SR 347 from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 8) for pavement improvements. SR 347 scheduled to remain open with lane restrictions. DETOUR: Drivers can follow signed detour routes on other local roadways.
• Northbound Interstate 17 ramps to Loop 101 (both directions) in north Phoenix closed overnight from 11 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 8) for maintenance. DETOUR: Use local roads, including Deer Valley Road or Union Hills Drive, as alternate routes while ramps are closed.
- During rush hour, traffic matters in downtown Phoenix
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix