SEATTLE (AP) – A 55-year-old man’s left arm was severed Thursday in an industrial accident at a Seattle fortune cookie company.
Kyle Moore of the Seattle Fire Department says the arm was severed after the man became stuck in a machine up to his chest.
Moore told The Seattle Times (
http://is.gd/D21PJF) medics found the man conscious and alert but in a lot of pain at the Tsue Chong Co. in Seattle’s Chinatown International District.
Firefighters freed the man and brought him to Harborview Medical Center, along with his severed arm. Moore says they don’t know if doctors will be able to reattach the limb.
State Department of Labor & Industries spokeswoman Elaine Fischer says safety inspectors were at the scene and will investigate what happened. She says the fortune cookie plant doesn’t have a history of safety violations.
Information from: The Seattle Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy