SEATTLE (AP) – A 55-year-old man’s left arm was severed Thursday in an industrial accident at a Seattle fortune cookie company.
Kyle Moore of the Seattle Fire Department says the arm was severed after the man became stuck in a machine up to his chest.
Moore told The Seattle Times (
http://is.gd/D21PJF) medics found the man conscious and alert but in a lot of pain at the Tsue Chong Co. in Seattle’s Chinatown International District.
Firefighters freed the man and brought him to Harborview Medical Center, along with his severed arm. Moore says they don’t know if doctors will be able to reattach the limb.
State Department of Labor & Industries spokeswoman Elaine Fischer says safety inspectors were at the scene and will investigate what happened. She says the fortune cookie plant doesn’t have a history of safety violations.
Information from: The Seattle Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns