SEATTLE (AP) – A 55-year-old man’s left arm was severed Thursday in an industrial accident at a Seattle fortune cookie company.
Kyle Moore of the Seattle Fire Department says the arm was severed after the man became stuck in a machine up to his chest.
Moore told The Seattle Times (
http://is.gd/D21PJF) medics found the man conscious and alert but in a lot of pain at the Tsue Chong Co. in Seattle’s Chinatown International District.
Firefighters freed the man and brought him to Harborview Medical Center, along with his severed arm. Moore says they don’t know if doctors will be able to reattach the limb.
State Department of Labor & Industries spokeswoman Elaine Fischer says safety inspectors were at the scene and will investigate what happened. She says the fortune cookie plant doesn’t have a history of safety violations.
Information from: The Seattle Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development