WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) – Police in Washington state say a woman’s Halloween costume that included a realistic-looking AR-15 toy rifle sent Wenatchee city officers and Chelan County sheriff’s deputies rushing to a school.
A passer-by reported seeing someone walking near Lewis and Clark Elementary with what appeared to be an assault rifle. The school was put on lockdown for about a half-hour Thursday afternoon while the report was checked out.
KHQ-TV reports that dispatchers received another call from someone who said a friend had just walked home wearing a costume that included a replica rifle.
The Wenatchee World reports the woman wearing the costume was in her 20s.
Sgt. Jim West says officers contacted her and told her, “carrying a `weapon’ like that was probably not the wisest of ideas.”
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them