NEW YORK (AP) – Police say a Tennessee man has checked luggage containing a loaded, defaced rifle at New York’s Kennedy International Airport.
Keenan Draughon (DRAW’-guhn) was arrested Saturday morning trying to board a flight to Charlotte, N.C., after Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police found the weapons. Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo says Draughon also had high-capacity magazines, which are illegal in New York.
U.S. Transportation Security Administration rules allow only unloaded weapons in checked luggage.
Pentangelo says the serial numbers on two rifles were defaced. He says Draughon was also carrying two handguns in his checked luggage.
The 23-year-old Clarksville man was being held on six counts of criminal possession of a weapon pending an arraignment. It wasn’t clear whether he has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon