PHOENIX — Vroom, the country’s largest direct online car retailer, announced plans Tuesday to open a virtual reality showroom in Scottsdale’s Fashion Square Mall.
The showroom is set to open Aug. 12 and will let car buyers, or anyone else who’s a little curious, experience the company’s cars through virtual reality headsets.
Customers who go the showroom will be able to take 360-degree-view virtual test drives of 15 makes and models in the online car dealer’s inventory, vehicle-specific engine sounds included.
Although not all cars in Vroom’s inventory will initially be available for test drive, visitors will still be able to view the selections in the real-time inventory through the virtual showroom.
The company also hopes to make more vehicles available for three-dimensional test drive in the future.
Other virtual reality showrooms will be located at the company’s facilities in Dallas and Houston.
- Jerry Colangelo-led group acquires Tempe marina offices for $928M
- Main Street Minute: Butcher shop opening in Phoenix neighborhood
- 2 individuals found dead at Scottsdale apartment complex
- Phoenix-based entrepreneurs land $50K investment on ‘Shark Tank’
- Main Street Minute: Donate socks to needy for holidays