During the Sedona Fire District’s Station 6 Governing Board meeting, Chief Kris Kazian stated that the 9/11 committee had not only raised enough money for the memorial, roughly $74,000, but enough money for a 15th anniversary event.
Kazian said that they raised a total of $88,836, and it’s an amazing accomplish in many people’s eyes.
“It’s remarkable and impressive what the committee has done in order to raise this kind of money,” board member Corrie Cooperman said.
The board members announced that the 15 anniversary event will be held on Sunday, September 11, and attendees would be served a light lunch.
Chief Kazian added that the construction of the memorial continues to go well, and that lots of good things continue to happen at the site.
- Commemorating the 35th anniversary of Vietnam Memorial Wall
- Woman gets 2 years in prison for defrauding Arizona Medicaid program
- Gov. Doug Ducey touts Arizona’s strong relationship with Mexico
- War memorial for fallen alumni unveiled at Arizona State University
- Construction begins on memorial for fallen Phoenix police officer