During the Sedona Fire District’s Station 6 Governing Board meeting, Chief Kris Kazian stated that the 9/11 committee had not only raised enough money for the memorial, roughly $74,000, but enough money for a 15th anniversary event.
Kazian said that they raised a total of $88,836, and it’s an amazing accomplish in many people’s eyes.
“It’s remarkable and impressive what the committee has done in order to raise this kind of money,” board member Corrie Cooperman said.
The board members announced that the 15 anniversary event will be held on Sunday, September 11, and attendees would be served a light lunch.
Chief Kazian added that the construction of the memorial continues to go well, and that lots of good things continue to happen at the site.
- Police: Man held in fatal tire-iron beating of woman
- Hotshots Memorial Partnership picks Sonoita artist’s memorial design
- Saturday marks 5th anniversary of deadly Yarnell Hill Fire
- ‘Fireman Joe’ running from LA to Arizona to honor fallen hotshots
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial