During the Sedona Fire District’s Station 6 Governing Board meeting, Chief Kris Kazian stated that the 9/11 committee had not only raised enough money for the memorial, roughly $74,000, but enough money for a 15th anniversary event.
Kazian said that they raised a total of $88,836, and it’s an amazing accomplish in many people’s eyes.
“It’s remarkable and impressive what the committee has done in order to raise this kind of money,” board member Corrie Cooperman said.
The board members announced that the 15 anniversary event will be held on Sunday, September 11, and attendees would be served a light lunch.
Chief Kazian added that the construction of the memorial continues to go well, and that lots of good things continue to happen at the site.
- Teachers in Phoenix-area schools plan to hold protest Wednesday
- UofA, Kentucky game ranked among hottest tickets in March Madness
- More than 20 years later, mystery of Phoenix Lights still fascinates people
- IRS warns consumers to be aware of phone scams as tax season heats up
- How many people in Arizona made Forbes’ 2018 list of billionaires?