SAN DIEGO (AP) – Former San Diego Mayor Bob Filner was booked into jail and then released on charges of false imprisonment and battery.
San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Dave Schaller says Filner arrived just after 7 a.m. Saturday at downtown San Diego’s jail and was released less than two hours later. He had been scheduled to undergo the process Sunday.
The Democrat resigned less than two months ago, after several women publicly accused him of sexual harassment and unwanted advances.
Filner pleaded guilty Tuesday to one felony for putting a woman in a headlock and two misdemeanors for kissing another woman against her will and grabbing the buttocks of a third.
Under a plea agreement, the state attorney general’s office will recommend Filner be sentenced to three months of home confinement and three years of probation.
His sentencing hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths