SAN DIEGO (AP) – Former San Diego Mayor Bob Filner was booked into jail and then released on charges of false imprisonment and battery.
San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Dave Schaller says Filner arrived just after 7 a.m. Saturday at downtown San Diego’s jail and was released less than two hours later. He had been scheduled to undergo the process Sunday.
The Democrat resigned less than two months ago, after several women publicly accused him of sexual harassment and unwanted advances.
Filner pleaded guilty Tuesday to one felony for putting a woman in a headlock and two misdemeanors for kissing another woman against her will and grabbing the buttocks of a third.
Under a plea agreement, the state attorney general’s office will recommend Filner be sentenced to three months of home confinement and three years of probation.
His sentencing hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food