SAN DIEGO (AP) – Former San Diego Mayor Bob Filner was booked into jail and then released on charges of false imprisonment and battery.
San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Dave Schaller says Filner arrived just after 7 a.m. Saturday at downtown San Diego’s jail and was released less than two hours later. He had been scheduled to undergo the process Sunday.
The Democrat resigned less than two months ago, after several women publicly accused him of sexual harassment and unwanted advances.
Filner pleaded guilty Tuesday to one felony for putting a woman in a headlock and two misdemeanors for kissing another woman against her will and grabbing the buttocks of a third.
Under a plea agreement, the state attorney general’s office will recommend Filner be sentenced to three months of home confinement and three years of probation.
His sentencing hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever