SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Authorities have lifted a lockdown at a building at San Jose State University after saying they did not find a gunman during a sweep.
The university said on its Twitter page that the lockdown at Sweeney Hall was ended a little before 11 a.m. Thursday.
University spokeswoman Pat Lopes Harris says authorities received a report of a gunman around 9 a.m. She said there were no reports of injuries.
The San Jose Mercury News says (
http://bit.ly/19lIKZe) a student reported seeing a man dressed in black clothing holding a gun in Sweeney Hall. Students and faculty inside the building had been ordered to shelter in place.
The rest of campus remained open while police swept the building.
Sweeney Hall houses the school’s College of Education.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life