SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Authorities have lifted a lockdown at a building at San Jose State University after saying they did not find a gunman during a sweep.
The university said on its Twitter page that the lockdown at Sweeney Hall was ended a little before 11 a.m. Thursday.
University spokeswoman Pat Lopes Harris says authorities received a report of a gunman around 9 a.m. She said there were no reports of injuries.
The San Jose Mercury News says (
http://bit.ly/19lIKZe) a student reported seeing a man dressed in black clothing holding a gun in Sweeney Hall. Students and faculty inside the building had been ordered to shelter in place.
The rest of campus remained open while police swept the building.
Sweeney Hall houses the school’s College of Education.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy