PHOENIX — Improvement projects and other restrictions will be along Phoenix-area freeways this weekend, which means drivers should plan ahead to avoid long delays.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced a freeway advisory for July 29 through Aug. 1, but the project schedules are subject to change for inclement weather.
Here is a list of the freeways in the Valley that will be under some sort of restriction.
- Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at University Drive and 32nd Street will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. University Drive and 32nd Street will be closed in the area between Wood and Elwood streets, as well.
- Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- I-10 will be closed up to 15 minutes at a time between Guadalupe and Elliot roads from 6 a.m. to noon Sunday.
- Loop 202 left lanes will be closed in both directions between Val Vista Drive and Higley Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Northern Arizona police department searching for misplaced handgun
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona
- Scottsdale to welcome Arizona’s first ‘dockless’ bike share program