PHOENIX — Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton’s co-chief of staff will serve as Hillary Clinton’s campaign director in Arizona, the mayor tweeted Wednesday.
Scott retweeted Stanton’s announcement with the words “Thanks, boss!” He is listed as Stanton’s chief of staff for policy on the city’s website.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Scott had worked as both a campaign consultant and campaign manager prior to being hired by the city. He was also employed by the Arizona Democratic Party.
Scott is not the only Arizona politician to play a part in one of the presidential nominee’s campaigns.
On Tuesday, state Treasurer Jeff DeWit was named the chief operating officer of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
DeWit has been active in his support of Trump’s GOP presidential candidacy, heading up the state’s campaign for the nominee. He had no plans to step down from his elected position.
- Protesters for March for Our Lives take to the streets of Phoenix
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area