PHOENIX — Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton’s co-chief of staff will serve as Hillary Clinton’s campaign director in Arizona, the mayor tweeted Wednesday.
Scott retweeted Stanton’s announcement with the words “Thanks, boss!” He is listed as Stanton’s chief of staff for policy on the city’s website.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Scott had worked as both a campaign consultant and campaign manager prior to being hired by the city. He was also employed by the Arizona Democratic Party.
Scott is not the only Arizona politician to play a part in one of the presidential nominee’s campaigns.
On Tuesday, state Treasurer Jeff DeWit was named the chief operating officer of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
DeWit has been active in his support of Trump’s GOP presidential candidacy, heading up the state’s campaign for the nominee. He had no plans to step down from his elected position.
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley
- Phoenix-area group donates food-filled backpacks to hungry schoolkids
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound