PHOENIX — Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton’s co-chief of staff will serve as Hillary Clinton’s campaign director in Arizona, the mayor tweeted Wednesday.
Scott retweeted Stanton’s announcement with the words “Thanks, boss!” He is listed as Stanton’s chief of staff for policy on the city’s website.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Scott had worked as both a campaign consultant and campaign manager prior to being hired by the city. He was also employed by the Arizona Democratic Party.
Scott is not the only Arizona politician to play a part in one of the presidential nominee’s campaigns.
On Tuesday, state Treasurer Jeff DeWit was named the chief operating officer of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
DeWit has been active in his support of Trump’s GOP presidential candidacy, heading up the state’s campaign for the nominee. He had no plans to step down from his elected position.
- Phoenix works with community to replace aging public-housing complex
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend