JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) – A man who made a hoax bomb threat at Jacksonville International Airport in Florida is being taken to a federal medical facility because of concerns about his mental and physical health.
U.S. Magistrate Judge James Klindt said Tuesday that pressing health concerns led authorities to send 39-year-old Zeljko Causevic to the Federal Medical Center in Butner, N.C.
He was originally scheduled to be sent there after Christmas. Earlier this month, Klindt ruled that Causevic was incompetent to stand trial.
Causevic has been jailed since Oct. 1, when he was arrested on charges that he falsely told a security screener there was a bomb in his backpack.
The airport was closed for five hours, cancelling dozens ofÂ flights and leaving passengers stranded overnight.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America