JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) – A man who made a hoax bomb threat at Jacksonville International Airport in Florida is being taken to a federal medical facility because of concerns about his mental and physical health.
U.S. Magistrate Judge James Klindt said Tuesday that pressing health concerns led authorities to send 39-year-old Zeljko Causevic to the Federal Medical Center in Butner, N.C.
He was originally scheduled to be sent there after Christmas. Earlier this month, Klindt ruled that Causevic was incompetent to stand trial.
Causevic has been jailed since Oct. 1, when he was arrested on charges that he falsely told a security screener there was a bomb in his backpack.
The airport was closed for five hours, cancelling dozens ofÂ flights and leaving passengers stranded overnight.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them