BLOOMSBURG, Pa. (AP) – A helicopter pilot is dead after officials say he walked into the aircraft’s spinning rotor while giving rides at Pennsylvania’s largest fair.
Organizers say 69-year-old Carl Enlow died after being hit by the rotor Friday night at the Bloomsburg Fair.
The fair’s superintendent of police and parking says the helicopter was refueling when Enlow went back to speak to the pilot who relieved him. Bill Barratt says Enlow’s hat blew off his head and he was struck by the rotor when he reached for it.
Barratt says Enlow was an experience pilot had been flown helicopters in the military.
Montour County Coroner Scott Lynn tells the Bloomsburg Press-Enterprise the Birdsboro man’s death is under investigation. He did not immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy