PHOENIX — Police in Tempe said a wounded robbery suspect who had been barricaded on the grounds of a senior-care facility Wednesday morning has died.
An officer shot the suspect before he reached the Westchester Senior Living Center, near Rural and Guadalupe roads, during a scuffle at another site.
Police shut down traffic on Rural Road and said the residents had been evacuated.
The facility is next door to a high-traffic strip mall and across the street from an urgent care.
Police said the suspect had been hiding in a storage area.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Arizona candidate denies decade-old rape allegation
- Sky Harbor urgent care facility offering free sports physical exams
- Here’s how many DUI arrests occur during average Phoenix-area weekend
- In Arizona, liberals debate forgiving candidate’s moderation