PHOENIX — Police in Tempe said a wounded robbery suspect who had been barricaded on the grounds of a senior-care facility Wednesday morning has died.
An officer shot the suspect before he reached the Westchester Senior Living Center, near Rural and Guadalupe roads, during a scuffle at another site.
Police shut down traffic on Rural Road and said the residents had been evacuated.
The facility is next door to a high-traffic strip mall and across the street from an urgent care.
Police said the suspect had been hiding in a storage area.
- Sen. Jeff Flake says he cannot support $1.3T government spending bill
- Pinal County plans to reroute highway off tribe’s land
- Arizona’s economy, population growth ranked above national average
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Arizona has second-highest growth rate in US for Alzheimer’s diagnoses