PHOENIX — Police in Tempe said a wounded robbery suspect who had been barricaded on the grounds of a senior-care facility Wednesday morning has died.
An officer shot the suspect before he reached the Westchester Senior Living Center, near Rural and Guadalupe roads, during a scuffle at another site.
Police shut down traffic on Rural Road and said the residents had been evacuated.
The facility is next door to a high-traffic strip mall and across the street from an urgent care.
Police said the suspect had been hiding in a storage area.
- Arizona attorney general, truckers take human trafficking fight to road
- Arizona car registration fee boost proposed to end raid on road cash
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman
- Arizona Senate bill would bar conversion therapy for LGBT youth
- Paradise Valley residents could pay fine if parties get shut down by cops