PHOENIX — Police in Tempe said a wounded robbery suspect who had been barricaded on the grounds of a senior-care facility Wednesday morning has died.
An officer shot the suspect before he reached the Westchester Senior Living Center, near Rural and Guadalupe roads, during a scuffle at another site.
Police shut down traffic on Rural Road and said the residents had been evacuated.
The facility is next door to a high-traffic strip mall and across the street from an urgent care.
Police said the suspect had been hiding in a storage area.
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches