PHOENIX — Police in Tempe said a wounded robbery suspect who had been barricaded on the grounds of a senior-care facility Wednesday morning has died.
An officer shot the suspect before he reached the Westchester Senior Living Center, near Rural and Guadalupe roads, during a scuffle at another site.
Police shut down traffic on Rural Road and said the residents had been evacuated.
The facility is next door to a high-traffic strip mall and across the street from an urgent care.
Police said the suspect had been hiding in a storage area.
- Scottsdale sports park could soon be replaced with mixed-use development
- ASU rescinds award given to Charlie Rose amid sexual harassment claims
- More than $100,000 spent to fix Arizona school funding error
- Traffic could be snarled in Tempe ahead of ASU, UofA football game
- She Said: Tempe’s Chick-In offers Israeli take on fresh eats