Police believe a mother and her two children’s bodies found in a home in Gilbert is the result of a murder-suicide.
The three involved according to Maricopa County sheriffs are 45-year-old Lisa Gerhart and her two children, a 17-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said they are awaiting the results of the autopsy before officially announcing the cause of death.
“We’re leaving a little part open just in case someone else could have caused these three deaths,” Arpaio said.
Arpaio says deputies found a handgun near the woman’s body and the incident could be called domestic violence.
Deputies responded to the scene at 9 p.m. Monday near Power and Chandler Heights roads after seeing a vehicle’s exhaust was spewing into the house
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Phoenix could see record heat for Thanksgiving holiday