Police believe a mother and her two children’s bodies found in a home in Gilbert is the result of a murder-suicide.
The three involved according to Maricopa County sheriffs are 45-year-old Lisa Gerhart and her two children, a 17-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said they are awaiting the results of the autopsy before officially announcing the cause of death.
“We’re leaving a little part open just in case someone else could have caused these three deaths,” Arpaio said.
Arpaio says deputies found a handgun near the woman’s body and the incident could be called domestic violence.
Deputies responded to the scene at 9 p.m. Monday near Power and Chandler Heights roads after seeing a vehicle’s exhaust was spewing into the house
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gilbert breaks ground on first cemetery, which is set to open in 2019
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend