Police believe a mother and her two children’s bodies found in a home in Gilbert is the result of a murder-suicide.
The three involved according to Maricopa County sheriffs are 45-year-old Lisa Gerhart and her two children, a 17-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said they are awaiting the results of the autopsy before officially announcing the cause of death.
“We’re leaving a little part open just in case someone else could have caused these three deaths,” Arpaio said.
Arpaio says deputies found a handgun near the woman’s body and the incident could be called domestic violence.
Deputies responded to the scene at 9 p.m. Monday near Power and Chandler Heights roads after seeing a vehicle’s exhaust was spewing into the house
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Homeowner shoots armed man who refused to leave Phoenix home
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide
- California-based chocolate factory to move location to Phoenix area
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’