DENVER (AP) – More spills are emerging from a Colorado oil patch ravaged by flooding as soggy conditions continue to hamper attempts to inspect the damage.
Three new spills were reported Tuesday: 5,100 gallons of oil from a Noble Energy facility east of Kersey, 2,500 gallons from a PDC Energy location east of Greeley and an unknown volume from a Mineral Resources operation west of LaSalle.
State officials are now tracking 11 “notable” releases from the Wattenberg oil patch along the South Platte River in Weld County.
The amount of crude spilled totals at least 34,500 gallons, or about 822 barrels. The volumes of two releases are still unknown.
Industry representatives have said 1,900 oil and gas wells were shut down across northern Colorado because of flooding. About 600 wells have since re-opened.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night