SAGAMIHARA, Japan — At least 15 were killed and dozens of others were injured in a massive knife attack at a facility for the disabled in Sagamihara, Japan.
Japan’s national broadcaster NHK reported that 15 people were killed and 45 others were injured by a former employee at the facility who is 26 years old.
The Kyodo news agency reported the knife attack happened in Sagamihara, which is about 30 miles from Tokyo.
Police said they responded to a call about 2:30 a.m. from an employee saying something horrible is happening.
A man turned himself in at a police station about two hours later, police in Sagamihara said. He left the knife in his car when he entered the station. He has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and trespassing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- This video of a Rube Goldberg machine will blow your mind
- Publicist: Jerry Lewis, comedian, telethon host, dies at 91
- North Korea fires missile which lands in sea off Japan
- Tempe man accused of using identity of baby who died in 1982
- Video captures man getting bit by a bobcat while helping to save dog