Part of a train station roof covering in Chicago sparked, exploded and collapsed during a storm Sunday evening – and it was all caught on video.
In the dramatic footage, waves of sparks rain down onto the tracks from the roof of the Illinois Medical District station as horrified onlookers slowly drive by.
When the video pans to the right, the scene resembles something out of an action movie clip than reality.
Part of the station can be seen exploding and the roof has fallen onto the tracks.
One passenger told a Chicago news station, “The train stopped to let the people off and that’s when we saw the sparks come flying.”
Amazingly, no injuries were reported and Blue Line service resumed Monday morning.
- Police identify man killed crossing train tracks in Flagstaff early Monday
- One dead, five injured in house boat explosion on Utah-Arizona border
- Derailment in Phoenix snarls traffic, ties up operations
- Busy Phoenix intersection to be closed for hours after train derails
- Parking lot explodes after water pipe bursts underground