CINCINNATI (AP) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol says the driver of a Greyhound bus that ran off an interstate and flipped over apparently began coughing while drinking coffee and possibly choked on it before passing out just before the accident, which injured at least 35 people.
Lt. Ed Mejia (muh-HEE’-uh) said Monday the final report on the Sept. 14 accident should be released this week.
Mejia says he doesn’t know driver Dwayne Garrett’s medical condition and is awaiting blood and toxicology results.
The bus was carrying 51 passengers from Cincinnati to Detroit when it ran off Interstate 75 just north of Cincinnati. There were no life-threatening injuries.
A recording at a phone number for Garrett says the number may be disconnected.
A Greyhound spokeswoman says she can’t comment on an ongoing investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy