Most movies that are based off of old TV shows or books give new viewers background information so they can still enjoy the movie and understand what’s going on.
“Absolutely Fabulous” definitely didn’t do that.
The new movie is based off of an old TV show that I thought was very pretty funny, but it didn’t give any background for those new viewers. So if you never saw the TV show, you will be completely lost throughout the whole film.
It’s clearly just a movie for fans of the old TV show.
But for fans of the TV show, you might still be a little disappointed. I had higher expectations for it.
I’m giving “Absolutely Fabulous” the movie three-and-a-half stars out of five.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- ‘Black Panther’ scores mighty $25.2 million Thursday debut
- Al Pacino takes on Joe Paterno in an upcoming HBO movie
- Here is the first plot synopsis for upcoming ‘Solo’ Star Wars film