Most movies that are based off of old TV shows or books give new viewers background information so they can still enjoy the movie and understand what’s going on.
“Absolutely Fabulous” definitely didn’t do that.
The new movie is based off of an old TV show that I thought was very pretty funny, but it didn’t give any background for those new viewers. So if you never saw the TV show, you will be completely lost throughout the whole film.
It’s clearly just a movie for fans of the old TV show.
But for fans of the TV show, you might still be a little disappointed. I had higher expectations for it.
I’m giving “Absolutely Fabulous” the movie three-and-a-half stars out of five.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- ‘Monsters University’ named most popular Disney-Pixar film in Arizona
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Author of book on rise and fall of Theranos to appear in Tempe
- John McCain’s memoir debuts at No. 1 on NY Times best-seller list