Most movies that are based off of old TV shows or books give new viewers background information so they can still enjoy the movie and understand what’s going on.
“Absolutely Fabulous” definitely didn’t do that.
The new movie is based off of an old TV show that I thought was very pretty funny, but it didn’t give any background for those new viewers. So if you never saw the TV show, you will be completely lost throughout the whole film.
It’s clearly just a movie for fans of the old TV show.
But for fans of the TV show, you might still be a little disappointed. I had higher expectations for it.
I’m giving “Absolutely Fabulous” the movie three-and-a-half stars out of five.
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Dr. Sky explores whether there was time before the Big Bang
- ASU cosmologist, collaborative group find radiation from first stars
- Canopus, second-brightest star in night sky, visible from Arizona
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence