Phoenix police are looking for any information regarding a fatal hit-and-run that claimed a 22-year-old man.
Noe Isai Hernandez-Gallardo was killed Friday night after getting struck by two cars in the area of North 43rd and West Whitton avenues.
Police were were called around 8 p.m. and upon arriving, officers learned Hernandez-Gallardo was crossing North 43rd Avenue when he was hit by the right side mirror of a southbound truck, which did not remain at the scene.
Witnesses said the truck may have been racing with a white or gray four-door sedan at the time of the collision.
The driver of another car trailing behind saw the pedestrian lying in the road, but was unable to swerve in time, so she too struck Hernandez-Gallardo with her car, according to police. She remained at the scene and called police.
Phoenix police said the investigation is ongoing and they are asking for anyone to come forward who may have been in the area at the time. Police are also asking for anyone with information concerning the collision to call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS. As always, any caller may remain anonymous.
- Arizona attorney general, truckers take human trafficking fight to road
- Arizona car registration fee boost proposed to end raid on road cash
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman
- Could Phoenix be the home for the newest Apple campus?
- Arizona Senate bill would bar conversion therapy for LGBT youth