Phoenix police are looking for any information regarding a fatal hit-and-run that claimed a 22-year-old man.
Noe Isai Hernandez-Gallardo was killed Friday night after getting struck by two cars in the area of North 43rd and West Whitton avenues.
Police were were called around 8 p.m. and upon arriving, officers learned Hernandez-Gallardo was crossing North 43rd Avenue when he was hit by the right side mirror of a southbound truck, which did not remain at the scene.
Witnesses said the truck may have been racing with a white or gray four-door sedan at the time of the collision.
The driver of another car trailing behind saw the pedestrian lying in the road, but was unable to swerve in time, so she too struck Hernandez-Gallardo with her car, according to police. She remained at the scene and called police.
Phoenix police said the investigation is ongoing and they are asking for anyone to come forward who may have been in the area at the time. Police are also asking for anyone with information concerning the collision to call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS. As always, any caller may remain anonymous.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona
- Scottsdale to welcome Arizona’s first ‘dockless’ bike share program