No lasting image could better represent New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner’s failed campaign than that of him making an obscene gesture to the media as he left his campaign’s headquarters late Tuesday night.
In the city’s Democratic mayoral primaries, Weiner only tallied 5 percent of the vote, last among the four candidates on the ballot. Public Advocate Bill de Blasio looks to have avoided a potential run-off, garnering 40.02 percent of the total vote.
As evidenced by the news cameras and photographers on scene at the Weiner headquarters, the former congressman — who had shrouded his candidacy in scandal — gave the media the middle finger as he was driven away.
To see a photo of the incident, click here. WARNING: Obscene gesture.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them