No lasting image could better represent New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner’s failed campaign than that of him making an obscene gesture to the media as he left his campaign’s headquarters late Tuesday night.
In the city’s Democratic mayoral primaries, Weiner only tallied 5 percent of the vote, last among the four candidates on the ballot. Public Advocate Bill de Blasio looks to have avoided a potential run-off, garnering 40.02 percent of the total vote.
As evidenced by the news cameras and photographers on scene at the Weiner headquarters, the former congressman — who had shrouded his candidacy in scandal — gave the media the middle finger as he was driven away.
To see a photo of the incident, click here. WARNING: Obscene gesture.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.