PHOENIX — A Phoenix man has planned something special for one of the couples that he met during his trips to deliver T-shirts to the homeless.
John played guitar for 35 years until he and June had to sell everything they had.
They’ve been been on the streets for one and a half years.
Thornton hopes to get the couple off the streets for good with the money raised.
The concert will be at RockBar in Scottsdale on Aug. 5, with doors opening at 7 p.m.
- McDonald’s announces plans to spend $120 million on upgrades in Arizona
- Arizona clean energy measure one step closer to appearing on Nov. ballot
- 77-year-old southeast Arizona man dies from drowning in monsoon storm
- Arizona rated poorly for care of underprivileged children
- Downtown Phoenix law school on probation cancels fall classes