PHOENIX — A Phoenix man has planned something special for one of the couples that he met during his trips to deliver T-shirts to the homeless.
John played guitar for 35 years until he and June had to sell everything they had.
They’ve been been on the streets for one and a half years.
Thornton hopes to get the couple off the streets for good with the money raised.
The concert will be at RockBar in Scottsdale on Aug. 5, with doors opening at 7 p.m.
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Phoenix works with community to replace aging public-housing complex
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs