Improvement projects scheduled for this weekend, July 22-25, will affect many drivers in the Phoenix-area.
Most of the construction and road work is going to take place on freeways around the area, announced the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT recommends drivers allow for extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes when driving this weekend.
Here are the following restrictions:
- Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at University Drive and 32nd Street will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to two lanes between Van Buren Street and Grand Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- U.S. 60 will be closed up to 15 minutes at a time near Hardy Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Access from Grand Avenue to westbound Thunderbird Road will be closed from 6 a.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at McQueen Road will be closed for one week, starting at 10 p.m. Friday and lasting until 10 p.m. Friday, July 29.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here, and look under ADOT News.
- All things politics: Taxes, education, solar and ‘wave’ elections
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- New Arizona law helps combat PTSD among first responders
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week