PHOENIX — Police in Phoenix were investigating a possible homicide Thursday morning, after city workers uncovered human remains in a sewer line.
A police spokesman said water department workers found the remains Wednesday evening while working on a sewer line near Baseline Road and 55th Avenue.
The employees called police when they suspected the remains were of a human.
“They are (adult) body parts,” Officer James Holmes said.
“There’s a victim in there … and a family out there missing someone,” he said.
Because of potential gas leaks, a hazmat team was also called to the Laveen area.
City workers were sent to the site after a customer called in a complaint about his or her toilet not flushing.
- Groups worry proposed power lines, towers will kill birds
- Arizona is among top states that utilize renewable energy, report says
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct