PHOENIX — Police in Phoenix were investigating a possible homicide Thursday morning, after city workers uncovered human remains in a sewer line.
A police spokesman said water department workers found the remains Wednesday evening while working on a sewer line near Baseline Road and 55th Avenue.
The employees called police when they suspected the remains were of a human.
“They are (adult) body parts,” Officer James Holmes said.
“There’s a victim in there … and a family out there missing someone,” he said.
Because of potential gas leaks, a hazmat team was also called to the Laveen area.
City workers were sent to the site after a customer called in a complaint about his or her toilet not flushing.
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow
- Arizona researchers find evidence of ice cliffs on Mars
- Mix Up Bar named coziest restaurant in Arizona
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley
- Body of missing elderly man found in West Valley canal