A 17-year-old hiker from Tempe was struck by lightning on Humphrey’s Peak Wednesday and is dead.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office released his identity as Wade Young, from Tempe, Arizona.
Two other males, 17 and 18, were taken to Flagstaff Medical Center. Their injuries are presumed to be from their proximity to the lightning strike.
Both were conscious and walking when emergency responders arrived.
There is no more information available at this time.
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey delivers outlook for difficult wildfire season
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Arizona bill helps first responders get compensation, therapy for PTSD
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Ballot measure would raise production of clean energy in Arizona