A 17-year-old hiker from Tempe was struck by lightning on Humphrey’s Peak Wednesday and is dead.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office released his identity as Wade Young, from Tempe, Arizona.
Two other males, 17 and 18, were taken to Flagstaff Medical Center. Their injuries are presumed to be from their proximity to the lightning strike.
Both were conscious and walking when emergency responders arrived.
There is no more information available at this time.
- Strike a pose: Grand Canyon ranks as Arizona’s most ‘Instagrammed’ spot
- These Arizona cities are among the most deadly in the nation
- Man pleads with Sen. Jeff Flake to vote against tax bill in viral videos
- Valley Metro CEO Scott Smith to remain in position until 2020
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation