DUNDALK, Md. (AP) – Police say a Maryland man shot and injured his 25-year-old daughter before killing his wife and turning the gun on himself in his home.
Shawn Vinson of the Baltimore County Police Department says the incident began about 3:30 a.m. Saturday, as Shannon Nicklas and others socialized at the house. Vinson says she heard noise and went upstairs, and her father shot her. She made her way downstairs, and the group left and called 911.
Vinson says officers and a tactical unit arrived. They entered the house and found 51-year-old James Burnham, dead from what appeared to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds, and his wife, 47-year-old Terri Ann Burnham, also dead from gunshot wounds.
A man who had been asleep in the basement was unharmed.
Vinson says Nicklas is expected to survive.
He says a “domestic situation” had been ongoing between the Burnhams.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them