PHOENIX — That last step was a doozy.
A construction worker fell down a manhole Wednesday morning in central Phoenix and required first-responder assistance to get out.
A spokeswoman for the fire department said the 31-year-old man suffered only minor injuries after falling 20 feet and getting stuck near Third Avenue and Indian School Road.
The communications worker was awake during the rescue.
- Scottsdale racer survives 344 mph motorcycle crash during record try
- Phoenix police looking for person suspected of fatally shooting dog
- Gilbert company to build land mapping satellite after NASA approval
- After Uber crash, who is responsible when self-driving car gets in accident?
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push