PHOENIX — That last step was a doozy.
A construction worker fell down a manhole Wednesday morning in central Phoenix and required first-responder assistance to get out.
A spokeswoman for the fire department said the 31-year-old man suffered only minor injuries after falling 20 feet and getting stuck near Third Avenue and Indian School Road.
The communications worker was awake during the rescue.
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail