PHOENIX — That last step was a doozy.
A construction worker fell down a manhole Wednesday morning in central Phoenix and required first-responder assistance to get out.
A spokeswoman for the fire department said the 31-year-old man suffered only minor injuries after falling 20 feet and getting stuck near Third Avenue and Indian School Road.
The communications worker was awake during the rescue.
- Muslim group condemns Gosar over support of jailed far-right UK activist
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Boy, 13, charged with attempted murder of teen neighbor in Phoenix
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour