PHOENIX — One man was killed and another hospitalized in critical condition early Wednesday after stabbings near a light rail station in Phoenix.
One person has been detained by police for questioning.
Police said the attacks happened around 1:45 a.m. close to the 19th Avenue and Camelback Road station. The surviving victim reached the platform before he collapsed.
The other man’s body was found in a nearby lot.
The train stop was closed, as was the street in both directions from 17th to 19th avenues.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say