PHOENIX — One man was killed and another hospitalized in critical condition early Wednesday after stabbings near a light rail station in Phoenix.
One person has been detained by police for questioning.
Police said the attacks happened around 1:45 a.m. close to the 19th Avenue and Camelback Road station. The surviving victim reached the platform before he collapsed.
The other man’s body was found in a nearby lot.
The train stop was closed, as was the street in both directions from 17th to 19th avenues.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Ex-Phoenix Fire captain gets prison in sexual assault case
- Proposed Arizona bill would abolish Board of Regents
- Arizona lawmakers looking to permanently extend Proposition 301
- Former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer: I don’t believe teachers ought to strike
- Eight people, including children, involved in rollover crash in Phoenix