PHOENIX — One man was killed and another hospitalized in critical condition early Wednesday after stabbings near a light rail station in Phoenix.
One person has been detained by police for questioning.
Police said the attacks happened around 1:45 a.m. close to the 19th Avenue and Camelback Road station. The surviving victim reached the platform before he collapsed.
The other man’s body was found in a nearby lot.
The train stop was closed, as was the street in both directions from 17th to 19th avenues.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Chandler woman calls 911, says she strangled mother, waits for police
- Arizona resolution would support Californians if they secede from US
- Grammy-winning rapper, singer Nelly added to Birds Nest lineup
- Arizona says Hawaiian false alarm unlikely; people should still prepare
- Arizona lawmaker introduces resolution to honor Emma Stone