PHOENIX — One man was killed and another hospitalized in critical condition early Wednesday after stabbings near a light rail station in Phoenix.
One person has been detained by police for questioning.
Police said the attacks happened around 1:45 a.m. close to the 19th Avenue and Camelback Road station. The surviving victim reached the platform before he collapsed.
The other man’s body was found in a nearby lot.
The train stop was closed, as was the street in both directions from 17th to 19th avenues.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Extreme heat warning in Phoenix prompts plea for water donations
- Man assaulted by five people on a bus after handing them money
- Drought forces emergency measures for US West’s wild horses
- Arizona teachers trained to integrate computer science in their classrooms
- Arizona’s top judge: Courts step up efforts against sexual harassment