PHOENIX — One man was killed and another hospitalized in critical condition early Wednesday after stabbings near a light rail station in Phoenix.
One person has been detained by police for questioning.
Police said the attacks happened around 1:45 a.m. close to the 19th Avenue and Camelback Road station. The surviving victim reached the platform before he collapsed.
The other man’s body was found in a nearby lot.
The train stop was closed, as was the street in both directions from 17th to 19th avenues.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Phoenix makes top 10 for nation’s best places to retire
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona