Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake took a break from “mowing the lawn” at home to comment on the theme of the night at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday.
Flake’s tweet was in response to the criticism of Hillary Clinton throughout the night, especially from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Christie energized the crowd with a full-throated takedown of Clinton, imploring delegates to shout “Guilty!” as he ticked through numerous accusations of wrongdoing.
A series of Republican officials paraded on stage to level sharp, but repetitive, criticisms of Clinton.
Flake is not in attendance at the convention, along with many Republican senators. He tweeted he was in Arizona at home mowing the lawn.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman
- Sen. John McCain calls on Trump to stop attacking journalists, press
- Sen. Jeff Flake: Democrats moving forward ‘in good faith’ on DACA deal
- Rep. Martha McSally announces run for Flake’s Senate seat
- Flake proposes removing Mexican gray wolf from federally protected list