Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake took a break from “mowing the lawn” at home to comment on the theme of the night at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday.
Flake’s tweet was in response to the criticism of Hillary Clinton throughout the night, especially from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Christie energized the crowd with a full-throated takedown of Clinton, imploring delegates to shout “Guilty!” as he ticked through numerous accusations of wrongdoing.
A series of Republican officials paraded on stage to level sharp, but repetitive, criticisms of Clinton.
Flake is not in attendance at the convention, along with many Republican senators. He tweeted he was in Arizona at home mowing the lawn.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- President Donald Trump again attacks Sen. Jeff Flake on Twitter
- Mesa mayor appears to call Trump an ‘idiot’ in talks with Sen. Jeff Flake
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks
- Poll shows Sinema would narrowly beat Ward, McSally in Senate race
- Sen. Jeff Flake: I would rather vote for a Democrat than Roy Moore