The main visitor center of the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau is moving to a mall.
Community Affairs Manager of the Bureau Stephanie Pressler said they have had a partnership with Scottsdale Fashion Square for many years, and now they are getting their own space.
“It’s very accessible. You know, a lot of our visitors are already there, for shopping, and for visitors who aren’t there shopping, they can easily get there. There’s lots of parking and a lot of visibility,” Pressler said.
The new Tourist Information Center will be in the food court at Scottsdale Fashion Square where the Harkins Theater box office used to be.
“It’s just the perfect location for both visitors and locals to get information from our knowledgeable concierges about restaurants and golf courses and resorts that are in the area,” Pressler said.
The Tourist Information Center will be open seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Doors will open early next month. A grand opening will be held on September 22, following what the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau said will be a launching of their new brand, with a new ad campaign, corporate identity, and website.
- Preliminary report describes Arizona helicopter’s spin before fatal crash
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns
- Lottery opens for private Grand Canyon river rafting trips in 2019
- Tucson sees $1.74M surge in tourism from Arizona Bowl