The main visitor center of the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau is moving to a mall.
Community Affairs Manager of the Bureau Stephanie Pressler said they have had a partnership with Scottsdale Fashion Square for many years, and now they are getting their own space.
“It’s very accessible. You know, a lot of our visitors are already there, for shopping, and for visitors who aren’t there shopping, they can easily get there. There’s lots of parking and a lot of visibility,” Pressler said.
The new Tourist Information Center will be in the food court at Scottsdale Fashion Square where the Harkins Theater box office used to be.
“It’s just the perfect location for both visitors and locals to get information from our knowledgeable concierges about restaurants and golf courses and resorts that are in the area,” Pressler said.
The Tourist Information Center will be open seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Doors will open early next month. A grand opening will be held on September 22, following what the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau said will be a launching of their new brand, with a new ad campaign, corporate identity, and website.
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- More than 44 million tourists spent $7.8 billion in Phoenix last year
- Megabus.com offers new route from Phoenix to Las Vegas
- Arizona lands two of top 25 family-friendly vacation ideas
- Arizona working to lure more international visitors