The National Weather Service has canceled a dust storm warning for Maricopa County in Arizona due to end at 9:22 p.m.
Bianca Hernandez with the NWS said the storm was producing some dust.
“There are also some strong winds up to 30 miles per hour expected, and visibilities have been reduced to below a mile with some reports of a quarter mile visibility,” Hernandez said.
She said if you are driving and encountering dust, please pull aside and turn off your lights. The Arizona Department of Transportation agrees.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Monsoon storms in Arizona means mosquitoes are coming
- Arizona roofs need extra attention during monsoon season
- Flash flood warning issued through Sunday night for Flagstaff area
- Monsoon storms bring dust, rain to Phoenix area Saturday