CLEVELAND — When Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at the Republican National Convention on Monday, he did so in theatrical fashion.
The presumed Republican presidential nominee was silhouetted against a silvery-white backdrop. The words “Make America Great Again” scrolled overhead.
Then the music kicked in — Queen’s “We Are the Champions.”
As the lights came up, Trump strolled forward to meet a rising podium.
It was an entry that seemed more apt for a legendary rock star and it sure was cool to see.
Thankfully, the Internet got bored of ripping his wife, Melania, over alleged plagiarism long enough to give Trump’s entrance the WWE makeover it so desperately needed.
While some may think the video above is a little disrespectful, remember that Trump has been a big WWE fan for years. I bet, if he sees this video, he doesn’t only love it but gets a good laugh.
At least I hope he does.
In case you’re wondering or want to catch it for yourself, Trump isn’t scheduled to speak again until Thursday, when he most likely will be accepting the party’s nomination. Here’s hoping that entrance is even cooler.
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars
- Opinion: Freedom of Speech applies to everyone, including the president
- Trump mentions McCain, remains confident Obamacare will be repealed
- Studies say Arizona will lose billions, coverage under latest health care plan
- Politics and Sean Spicer take center stage at Emmy Awards