CLEVELAND — When Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at the Republican National Convention on Monday, he did so in theatrical fashion.
The presumed Republican presidential nominee was silhouetted against a silvery-white backdrop. The words “Make America Great Again” scrolled overhead.
Then the music kicked in — Queen’s “We Are the Champions.”
As the lights came up, Trump strolled forward to meet a rising podium.
It was an entry that seemed more apt for a legendary rock star and it sure was cool to see.
Thankfully, the Internet got bored of ripping his wife, Melania, over alleged plagiarism long enough to give Trump’s entrance the WWE makeover it so desperately needed.
While some may think the video above is a little disrespectful, remember that Trump has been a big WWE fan for years. I bet, if he sees this video, he doesn’t only love it but gets a good laugh.
At least I hope he does.
In case you’re wondering or want to catch it for yourself, Trump isn’t scheduled to speak again until Thursday, when he most likely will be accepting the party’s nomination. Here’s hoping that entrance is even cooler.
- Trump to unveil ‘America First’ national security strategy
- Former Arizona Rep. Phil Lovas to run for Trent Franks’ seat
- Democrat Jones wins stunning red-state Alabama Senate upset
- Joe Arpaio may be setting sights on Jeff Flake’s US Senate seat
- Congress averts shutdown, sends Trump stopgap spending bill