CONYERS, Ga. (AP) – Thousands of miles from Spain, daredevils in white outfits and red scarves dodged bulls at a Georgia horse park to get a taste of the running of the bulls.
WSB-TV reported (
http://bit.ly/16n3k9e) about 3,000 people participated in the Great Bull Run on Saturday in Conyers, which is about 25 miles from Atlanta.
People on horseback herded 18 bulls into a fenced course. Many stood alongside the fence as the bulls ran by, but some tried to sprint with the animals. A few runners fell down or were knocked down by the bulls, but no serious injuries were reported.
The bull run at Georgia International Horse Park was the second U.S. event this year for the group Great Bull Run. The next stop is Dec. 7 in Baytown, Texas.
Information from: WSB-TV,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon