SAN DIEGO (AP) – San Diego Gas & Electric on Friday restored power to all 123,000 customers hit by an overnight outage in San Diego and Orange counties when two transmission lines tripped offline simultaneously near the Marine Corps base.
The blackout began at just after 11:40 p.m. Thursday. Power was restored by 3 a.m. Friday to all but 267 customers who could turn their lights back on by 10 a.m. Friday.
San Diego Gas & Electric spokeswoman Amber Albrecht says officials were still looking into the failure’s exact cause, but they determined Friday that it started when two transmission lines tripped offline near Camp Pendleton after insulators in the area failed.
She says insulators typically fail when there is a debris build up.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development