After George Zimmerman was acquitted in the death of Trayvon Martin on Saturday, those who disagreed with the ruling have made their feelings known through social media.
According to the Huffington Post, after the trial, a photo of Martin Luther King Jr., was altered to resemble Martin’s infamous hoodie he wore on the night of his death.
The image was created by artist Nikkolas Smith. It was posted on Twitter by President Barack Obama’s former advisor, Van Jones. The post currently has more than 1,700 retweets and almost 400 favorites.
On Sunday following Zimmerman’s acquittal, pastors across the country participated in “Hoodie Sunday,” where they wore hooded sweatshirts in honor of Martin.
Numerous celebrities took to Twitter after the verdict to give their two cents.
Below is the original tweet by Van Jones.
— Van Jones (@VanJones68) July 14, 2013
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments