LOS ANGELES (AP) – Protests over George Zimmerman’s acquittal have led to 17 arrests in Southern California and criminal charges against three people in Oakland.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department says eight of the 17 people arrested Wednesday night in Victorville were juveniles. The Los Angeles Times (
http://lat.ms/18phL2O) reports most of the arrests in the city 85 miles northeast of Los Angeles were for unlawful assembly.
Earlier this week, Los Angeles and Oakland were flashpoints for violent reactions following Saturday’s acquittal of Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin in Florida.
The San Francisco Chronicle (
http://bit.ly/12J5PEw) reports two men were charged Wednesday with felony vandalism for allegedly smashing windows during the Oakland protest. A third man was charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly throwing a rock at a policeman.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.