Our first case takes us to downtown Phoenix on Thursday, June 30, 2016. It’s about 10:30 p.m.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said the victim had been performing at Valley Bar near Central Avenue and Adams Street and had parked in a nearby alley. As he was getting into his car, he was attacked.
“The force of the punch was so vicious and brutal that ultimately our victim had to have emergency surgery and four plates put in his face to repair the damage,” Rothschild said.
The only description is a white man with facial hair wearing a white shirt and red baseball cap.
Next we head to Mesa, where a 23-year-old man was gunned down on Date Street near the intersection of Country Club and Broadway roads. He’d been visiting a friend on Thursday, May 26, 2016. About 9 p.m., he headed for his car and as he opened the driver’s side door, bullets started flying.
“The suspects kept firing rounds at him as he was falling down into the street then they fled on Date towards Broadway Road,” Rothschild said.
The young man was hit in the foot and the back and left paralyzed from the attack.
Witnesses saw two different vehicles leaving the area: a dark-colored four-door car, possibly a Honda, and a black SUV with thick, spoke rims. It’s not known if either or both of these vehicles were involved.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Police searching for suspects in Phoenix gas station, store robberies
- Police looking for third suspect in Chandler shooting
- Maricopa County officials searching for Bartlett Lake hit-and-run suspect
- Phoenix police searching for Circle K armed robbery suspects