Our first case takes us to downtown Phoenix on Thursday, June 30, 2016. It’s about 10:30 p.m.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said the victim had been performing at Valley Bar near Central Avenue and Adams Street and had parked in a nearby alley. As he was getting into his car, he was attacked.
“The force of the punch was so vicious and brutal that ultimately our victim had to have emergency surgery and four plates put in his face to repair the damage,” Rothschild said.
The only description is a white man with facial hair wearing a white shirt and red baseball cap.
Next we head to Mesa, where a 23-year-old man was gunned down on Date Street near the intersection of Country Club and Broadway roads. He’d been visiting a friend on Thursday, May 26, 2016. About 9 p.m., he headed for his car and as he opened the driver’s side door, bullets started flying.
“The suspects kept firing rounds at him as he was falling down into the street then they fled on Date towards Broadway Road,” Rothschild said.
The young man was hit in the foot and the back and left paralyzed from the attack.
Witnesses saw two different vehicles leaving the area: a dark-colored four-door car, possibly a Honda, and a black SUV with thick, spoke rims. It’s not known if either or both of these vehicles were involved.
- Phoenix police looking for names in robbery, vandalism cases
- Silent Witness program will offer faster cash for arrest tips in Arizona
- Tempe police searching for suspect in 38-year-old man’s shooting death
- Phoenix police looking for leads in two murder cases
- Police seek carjacking suspect in Tempe [RE-BROADCAST OF 2/25/13]