I need to open this Movies in a Minute with a disclaimer: I really like the original “Ghostbusters.”
That being said, the newest film is going to be a little confusing for audiences, especially those who have seen the original.
The new “Ghostbusters” is not a remake of the original, nor is it a continuation of the franchise. It’s sort of a remix of both elements, but it relies on you forgetting you’ve seen the original.
Though the cast is impressive — Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth aren’t small names, for good reason — they fail to live up to the chemistry of the four from the 1984 classic.
The new “Ghostbusters” isn’t really as funny as I’d hoped. I would describe it as being more silly than anything else. There weren’t a lot of belly laughs in the theater I was in.
Overall, I guess I just feel this movie was unnecessary to make and that’s disappointing.
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Best Phoenix places for a coffee on National Coffee Day
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Enjoy movie moments of 6 great seniors for Grandparents Day