PHOENIX — Authorities said they exchanged gunfire with a driver they then chased from one end of the Valley to the other early Friday morning, before catching him in a suburb west of Phoenix.
Mesa Police said the long pursuit ended in Goodyear, near 167th Avenue and Van Buren Street, where the suspect was shot and tasered.
The man was hospitalized in critical condition.
The car chase began late Thursday near Main Street the Loop 101 in Mesa. Police said a man in a vehicle pulled up close to a patrol officer and began shooting.
The ensuing chase went through Tempe and Phoenix before the truck was disabled by stop sticks.
No other details were immediately available.
- Hearing set for Phoenix man charged in deadly serial shootings
- Arizona among states in US with highest GDP growth
- Federal, state funds bring high-speed internet to rural Arizona cities
- The ties that bind: Economic ties between Arizona, Sonora, Mexico
- Arizona Democrats ask Ducey to recall Legislature to address school safety