PHOENIX — Authorities said they exchanged gunfire with a driver they then chased from one end of the Valley to the other early Friday morning, before catching him in a suburb west of Phoenix.
Mesa Police said the long pursuit ended in Goodyear, near 167th Avenue and Van Buren Street, where the suspect was shot and tasered.
The man was hospitalized in critical condition.
The car chase began late Thursday near Main Street the Loop 101 in Mesa. Police said a man in a vehicle pulled up close to a patrol officer and began shooting.
The ensuing chase went through Tempe and Phoenix before the truck was disabled by stop sticks.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man seeks plea change in death of Bullhead City girl
- Central Americans arrested in Arizona after scaling border wall with ladder
- Silver Alert canceled after elderly Arizona man found safe
- Arizona activists reject Trump’s immigration deal for border wall funds
- Longtime Earnhardt Auto Centers executive reported missing