PHOENIX — Authorities said they exchanged gunfire with a driver they then chased from one end of the Valley to the other early Friday morning, before catching him in a suburb west of Phoenix.
Mesa Police said the long pursuit ended in Goodyear, near 167th Avenue and Van Buren Street, where the suspect was shot and tasered.
The man was hospitalized in critical condition.
The car chase began late Thursday near Main Street the Loop 101 in Mesa. Police said a man in a vehicle pulled up close to a patrol officer and began shooting.
The ensuing chase went through Tempe and Phoenix before the truck was disabled by stop sticks.
No other details were immediately available.
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- Arizona is home to the nation’s fifth-highest poverty rates
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Officials investigating three rabies cases in southern Arizona