PHOENIX — Authorities said they exchanged gunfire with a driver they then chased from one end of the Valley to the other early Friday morning, before catching him in a suburb west of Phoenix.
Mesa Police said the long pursuit ended in Goodyear, near 167th Avenue and Van Buren Street, where the suspect was shot and tasered.
The man was hospitalized in critical condition.
The car chase began late Thursday near Main Street the Loop 101 in Mesa. Police said a man in a vehicle pulled up close to a patrol officer and began shooting.
The ensuing chase went through Tempe and Phoenix before the truck was disabled by stop sticks.
No other details were immediately available.
- Meghan McCain posts another photo of her and Sen. John McCain
- Arizona bridges are generally safe, expert and national reports indicate
- Local investor envisions a haunting future for historic Peoria hotel
- Police: Guard at state office arrested in no-injury shooting
- California-based company to move manufacturing operations to Goodyear